Thursday, September 13, 2012

Update on the Kids

Kendall is doing great at home. This first week is flying by! I can't believe she will be one week old tomorrow. She fits in so well with our family. All of the kids just love her to death! I had almost forgotten how much fun having a baby girl is! I can't help dressing her up and taking pictures! She is so far my easiest baby. The only time she really cries is when I am changing her diaper. At night she wakes to nurse and then goes right back to sleep. She hasn't had to have any formula since we have been home. Her Jaundice level went down so she doesn't have to be poked for that again. I have to take her next Wednesday to have her hearing checked again and then on Thursday she goes back to the doctor for a weight check.

Avalynn is doing well in Pre-K. She seems to like it a lot. Now that she is in school I have really noticed the speech problem even more. At home I can always figure out what she is saying because she uses words that I know. But yesterday I asked her what is her favorite part of school and Kevin, Gabby and I could not figure out at all what she was saying. It breaks my heart. She also wanted to sing us a song. I had no idea what she was singing. Luckily Gabby knew the song and when she sang it I could know what the words were. Avalynn has started to work with a speech therapist in school so I hope that she will soon be able to communicate better.

Gabby is doing well in school. She is happy that her best friend from last year goes to her school and she can play with him at recess. She says she hides on him. Does someone have a crush? She likes Art and Music but her least favorite is  Gym "Because they make me run too much".

Nathan is doing well adjusting to have a new baby around. He loves to hold her. He does not like to share her with his older sister's though. I have to remind him to be gentle around her. He also has to be reminded to not throw toys near her.

No comments: