Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kendall's First Night

I walked over to the NICU around 8:30 P.M. to feed her. She nursed pretty good. They brought a crib over and wanted to have her sleep in that to see how well she maintains her temperature. After feeding her I went back to my room to get a little sleep. Of course when I got back I had to get an IV antibiotic and then some vitals and Meds. I probably went to sleep a little after 10:00. I set an alarm on my phone for 12:15 and I got back up and went over to feed her again. I had a little bit of trouble getting her to latch on. She has a binki a lot and I am sure it confuses her. I have allowed them to give it to her though because I know they get busy and she needs it to calm down a little. After I finally got her latched on she ate really well. I went back to my room a little after 1:00 and got some more sleep until I got up at 3:00 to go feed her again. This time she latched on easily but she didn't seem to want to nurse very long. I got back to my room around 3:30. I set my alarm for 6:00. at about 5:50 the clinical assistant came in and said the NICU wanted to know if I could come nurse her because she was being really fussy. I went over and they said she hadn't ever really settled down too much since I had left the last time. She kept waking up and acting hungry. I tried to nurse her again but she was having a hard time latching on. I fed her one of the bottles I had pumped earlier and she drank that right down. It was only a little over an ounce though. I tried getting her to nurse again but she just wouldn't get latched on good enough. She did fall back asleep though so I put her back in her bed and went back to my room to try to pump some more. I sent it back over to the NICU and will be going back over after I eat my breakfast. Her nurse said she did really well in the crib and kept her temp up. When I was there at 3:00 they weighed her and she was 8 pounds 6 ounces now so she has lost about 3 ounces which I think is pretty normal.

No comments: