Monday, September 10, 2012

Avalynn's First day of Pre-K

Avalynn is going to Pre-K at the same School Gabby goes to. Her first day was today. I was really worried about her because we tried sending her last year and after a week of crying all day long I pulled her out. This year she had the chance to go half day and I decided that would probably be better for her. She has a speech delay and I think it is a lot of her problem when she is around other kids she doesn't know and she is so shy with adults too. She was really excited to go this morning but I could tell she was also a little nervous. She had missed her orientation because it was the morning that Kendall was born. We went in and found her Cubby and hung up her things. Then we found her name on her table and they had a picture of a school bus for her to color. When I introduced her to her teacher she grabbed a hold of me and got pretty choked up and tears in her eyes. When the teacher walked away I sat her back down and told her I would be back in a couple of hours. She kissed both Kevin and I goodbye and then she sat down and started coloring so we left. I was of course worried sick about her all morning thinking she was probably crying all day. When we went back to get her I sat in the Van with Nathan and Kendall while Kevin went to the door to get her. The bring the kids right out to the door for the parents. It took a few minutes for her to come out and then Kevin picked her right up and carried her to the Van. I was surprised to see she had a huge smile on her face! The teacher said she had a great day and did not cry at all. Avalynn told me that she got to paint and play playdough. Also she saw a speech therapist. The therapist sent a note home saying that she was too shy with her to do any of the Therapy today but they played together so she could get to know her and feel comfortable with her. Here are some pictures of my baby girls first day.




No comments: