Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Giving Thanks-Day 9

I am Thankful for my younger sister. Without her my Mom would probably have died from Cervical Cancer. My Mom had not been in for her yearly checkups for several years. They were not going to have anymore kids so my Dad had a Vasectomy. Then about 4 years later they decided to have it reversed and have another baby. When my Mom went for her first prenatal visit they found out she had Cancer and it was pretty advanced. The doctor told my Mom he had to do surgery right away or else she would not survive until the end of the pregnancy and they would both die. So she had the surgery and luckily they both were okay. My Mom has been Cancer free ever since. If they had not had my Sister she says she probably would not have gone to her doctor and would have found out too late. My sister is almost 21 years old now and she is in her 3rd year of College working toward her Master's in Occupational Therapy.

No comments: