Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks-Day 21

I am Thankful for all of the Memories I have of my Nanny and pa. My Pa passed away unexpectedly from a Heart Attack in August of 2003 at age 77. He had a part time job and had even worked the day before he passed. I miss him so much but I have so many good memories of him.
My Nanny is blind now and was diagnosed several years ago with alzheimer's. She pretty much does not remember anyone or anything anymore.She turned 81 this year. She was always so loving and like a second Mom to me. I was always so comfortable and felt safe when I was with her. I remember one time when I was around 5 years old I was mad at my Mom for some reason. So I packed a suitcase and told my Mom I was running away to go live with My Nanny & Pa. So I stood by the door and my Mom asked what I was waiting for. I said "Well you have to take me there". My Mom said "No, if you are running away you have to get there by yourself" I was so mad, lol.  It's strange now the things my Nanny will remember though. The last time I went to see her with my Mom we took Nathan with us. My Mom sat him in my Nanny's lap and said "This is Kelly's baby Nathan" Then Nanny said "Oh he is the boy who drown". She can remember my Brother drowing 31 years ago but she can't remember her own kids names. It is really hard seeing her like that.
I am so happy I have so many good memories of them both. 

This is a picture of Nanny & Pa with Shelly and Me in 1980
This is me last year at Nanny's 80th Birthday with her. This is a couple weeks before I had Nathan.

1 comment:

Ashley Quarles said...

They both seem like pretty awesome people!!!!