Friday, September 23, 2011

Pre-K week 2

MONDAY
Monday was Avalynn's last day going. She screamed the whole day. When I went to pick her up she was sleeping on a teacher's lap and her face was broke out and beat red from crying so hard. They said she cried the entire day. I couldn't do that to her anymore. She seems too emotionally immature to be there. She just turned 3 and always has next year to go. I don't feel it is fair to her, the teacher or the other kids for her to be screaming all day long. It is disruptive and really how much can she be learning sitting on a teacher's lap crying all day.  I am a stay at home mom so there is no reason why she shouldn't stay home with me. Some people have kind of made me feel bad for my decision but she is my child and I feel this is best for her at this time.


Tuesday
It was "Dads bring the kids to school day." So Kevin took her and he stayed and played with her for about a half hour. Gabby had a great day at school. Nathan and Avalynn went with me when I picked her up. She was still asleep when we got there and I put Nathan down to wake her up. She liked that and started hugging him.  She came home with her clothes full of paint again but it must be washable paint because it keeps washing out.
Wednesday
Gabby was still sleeping when I picked her up. She was kind of grumpy but was better when we got home.

Thursday
I took Gabby to school and she was wearing her cute Boston Terrier dress. Today is also the first day she changed her earrings since getting them pierced. We didn't have any dogs that match so she chose some kitty's to wear. She told me when she got home that they checked her eyes and blood pressure in school today. I am going to ask them tomorrow if I will get the results of those. They never even told me they were doing that.


Friday
Kevin took Gabby into school. I went and picked her up in the afternoon. It never seems like there are very many kids there. I asked one of the teacher's how many kids they have and she said only 10 right now. There are 3 teacher's and one aide who helps one little special needs girl. So 4 adults with 10 kids.

*I am Still not regretting pulling Avalynn out. She still says every morning that she doesn't want to go. I have been playing memory game with her and she likes to write and draw every day. I think she just needs more free time then she was getting there. She is a very active child and needs to move around a lot!

No comments: