Monday, September 12, 2011

First day of "School"

I applied for my girls to go to Head Start back in the spring but they told us we make too much money and are over the income level. So then they said that 10% of kids who go can be over the level IF they fill the spots with the under income kids first. So about 2 weeks ago I got a letter saying that the girls would not be able to go because they ended up not having any room and the waiting list was still really long. But then last Thursday I had a voice mail on my phone saying that they are starting on Monday and they need me to give them updated physicals from the doctor.  So I called back and they said it must have been a mistake that they sent the letter.  Friday Morning a Lady came to our apartment and we finished up all the paper work. One thing I am really happy about is that they are in the same class. Avalynn has a speech delay and Gabby can understand her when most other people cannot so I feel better knowing that she can help the teachers know what Avalynn needs. Avalynn has been evaluated for speech and we are waiting to find out what will be done for her. We stayed with them for about 45 minutes when Kevin Made me leave. The girls didn't seem to mind at all that we left them. I hope they have a great day and I can't wait until 1:15 when I get to pick them up!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't make you leave.