Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bethany Beach, DE Trip


 My parents, Twin sister with her family and younger sister with her boyfriend all decided kind of late that we were going to go on this trip. By the time we booked our house all of the one's that would be large enough (And in our budget) were gone close to the beach. We ended up staying In Ocean View, DE which is about 3 miles from Bethany Beach. The house we stayed in was really nice, no complaints about that. But we were kind of bummed that we had to drive to the beach (And pay parking) every time we wanted to swim or just walk the beach. We had a pool that was part of our community which we were able to walk to that. I thought the town of Bethany Beach was a little boring for my taste. I like the board walks at Ocean City, MD and Virginia Beach. Some people don't like those and they would probably like Bethany Beach more. 
We went to the Tanger Outlets one day. I didn't buy anything but my girls did. They both bought their baby dolls a new outfit and then they bought some toys at the Disney Store outlet. 
The waves on the Beach were some of the biggest I have ever personally seen. They were also hitting really hard. Sometimes they were so loud we thought it was Thunder! I only did a little bit of Boogie boarding because every time I tried I got all beat up. One time I forgot I had my sunglasses on and lost them in the waves.
We had a pretty good time most of the trip. Avalynn came home with Swimmer's Ear and Gabby seems to have a stomach bug so we are just staying home and hoping they both feel better soon.

My Younger sister Angela and her Boyfriend Tony
 Gabby and Avalynn
 The kids having fun the first night we got there.
 Gabby and her baby doll ready to go to the pool
 Nathan and I in the Pool
 Avalynn enjoying the pool
 Gabby and me in the Pool
 Nathan playing in the sand
 The girls loved playing on these stairs!
 All the kids who came with us on the trip.


 Me boogie boarding
 Me being plowed over by a wave


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention all of the excitement...like losing your sunglasses for one thing lol.

Kelly L Boots said...

I did mention the sunglasses but left out some other things...

Unknown said...

It looks like such a fun time : ) I have never been to a Delaware beach but I always wanted to go. It isn't too far from our house. We live ouside of Philly. I hope you can stay closer next time : )