Friday, July 29, 2011

Zucchini Bread

My parents gave me a huge Zucchini today and the best way to eat it is in bread! 

 Zucchini Bread Recipe


Ingredients

  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 cups grated fresh zucchini
  • 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)

Directions

 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). 
 Start with a Zuchinni and shred it up. (If you have leftover you can freeze it for use later)

In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. 


 Have Half Naked 4 year old feed cranky teething baby a popcicle (Optional)



Mix in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter.


 Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour, a third at a time. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix. 
 Fold in the nuts and dried cranberries or raisins if using.(I only had 1/2 cup of cranberries and I did not put nuts in it.) 










Divide the batter equally between 2 buttered 5 by 9 inch loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. 












 Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.
Makes 2 loaves.

1 comment:

*Mirage* said...

Yummy! :D I haven't made any in a while but I have shredded zucchini in my freezer I should use.