Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dream Tree

When my twin sister and I were kids we used to love climbing trees. We would even name the trees. We had a wishing tree and a dream tree. I guess the dream tree was the tree we went to to daydream.  The wishing tree was where we made the wish that all our dreams would come true. Wouldn't it be nice if life were really that easy? 

It's so weird that when you are a kid you just can't wait to grow up. I don't know what the big hurry was. I had a lot of fun as a kid. I have a lot of fun as an adult too but things I enjoyed as a kid just are not the same now. I guess most of it is because of the responsibility that comes with being a grown up. Responsibility can also mean worries, stress ect. and that takes some of the fun out of things. Oh well that is part of the circle of life. I need to learn to enjoy the part of the circle I am currently in because when I get to the next part it might not be what I expect either.


In the real World
As in Dreams
Nothing is quite
what it seems.
~The Book of Counted Sorrows

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It never turns out how you think it will.