Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday cakes I made

Gabby asked for a Strawberry Shortcake cake for her birthday. The only place I found that makes them around here is Wegmans and I didn't like it at all. It was just a picture of Strawberry shortcake on top and $20.00 for a 1/4 sheet. So I decided I would try making her a cake from Scratch. I have never decorated a cake before so I made a practice cake first out of a cake mix in a box and frosting you buy in a can. I think it turned out pretty cute. Then I made her "real" cake from Scratch and decorated that one with home made Cream Cheese frosting. So after buying the doll for the top, the cake mix, cake flour ect.  I probably spent $20.00 anyway but at least she gets a doll to keep. We are going to Josh and Shelly's house for dinner tonight so we are going to eat the Strawberry shortcake cake at their house.
Practice cake
Strawberry shortcake Cake

No comments: