Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The creek

Yes it is the "Creek" although some people refer to it as the "Crick". It really doesn't matter what we call it though. I have so many great childhood memories of playing in the creek. My twin sister and I used to build all kinds of bridges and Dam in the creek that was near our house when we were growing up. Then when we were early teens we used to take the kids we were babysitting to play there. They loved it too. There is so much to explore and things are never quite the same every time you go back. There may be more water, less water or sometimes even no water. You can find all kinds of fossils and neat rocks. Sometimes you see animals like deer, crayfish, minnows and birds. I love taking my girls there and I hope that they will have as many good memories of the creek as I do. Today we went and found a deep swimming spot. It is probably about 5 feet deep.

1 comment:

virginia said...

It's beautiful there! Great pictures Kelly. Thanks for sharing. What wonderful memories you are making for your kids♥