Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

First thing in the morning Kevin went out and did a little shopping at Kmart. Then when he came home we relaxed for a while. I got the girls showered and dressed and then started cooking my green bean casserole and Vegetarian "Turkey" to take over to my parents house for dinner.  We got to Moms around 3:30 and her house smelled so good! She cooked the turkey in a roaster. She made a crock pot stuffing that I had found the recipe online for her. It was the best stuffing I have ever had!! I will post the recipe at the bottom. My parents, Angela, Kevin, Gabby, Avalynn, my Aunt Corrine and I all had dinner together. Everything tasted so good. We had Turkey, gravy, vegetarian Turkey, Mashed potatoes, Squash, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, Olives & Pickles, Rolls, Celery with cream cheese and celery with peanut butter, A cherry chocolate cheesecake, Pumpkin pie, & Apple Pie.  We brought Kito over too. He loves going to my parents house. We had a nice relaxing evening. Shelly arrived around 6:00 for dessert and she was staying the night to go shopping with Angela, Tony & My Mom. No shopping for me. I have skipped it the past few years and shop online instead or have them pick me up some deals!



This year I am most Thankful for my family and our Health. We are so lucky to be blessed with two beautiful little girls and a new baby who will be here very soon!

For several months I have been following a journey of a little boy who has been battling brain cancer . On thanksgiving day he lost his battle. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Rest in Peace Max.  Nunn Family Facebook page

 

Slow Cooker Stuffing

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 2 cups chopped onion
  • 2 cups chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 12 cups dry bread cubes
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 1/2 cups chicken broth, or as needed
  • 2 eggs, beaten

Directions

  1. Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in butter, stirring frequently.
  2. Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl. Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper. Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in eggs. Transfer mixture to slow cooker, and cover.
  3. Cook on High for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to Low, and cook for 4 to 8 hours

No comments: