Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Allergic Reaction

Avalynn was sick on Monday so I took her in to the doctor and she had strep throat. We knew she is allergic to Amoxicillian because she broke out in hives while on it for an Ear infection when she was a baby. So they put her on Zithromax. This morning when I got her out of the bath she pointed to her feet and said "Look Mommy". Her feet have hives on them. She said that it didn't itch but I saw her scratching them quite a few times. She had already missed school on Tuesday so I wanted her to go today. I took her to walk in first thing this morning and while we were waiting in the exam room for the doctor she was coloring and I noticed her hands had hives too. The doctor came in and looked her over and then went out and brought in another doctor just to confirm that it was a reaction to the antibiotic. They both agreed it was. They told me to give her Benedryl and she won't be able to be on that Antibiotic for anything again. 
Here are her hands and feet. Taken with my crappy cell phone so not the best pictures. They were a lot redder then the picture looks.


She was happy to be at the doctor's office. Anywhere she gets to color she is happy.