Thursday, January 19, 2012

New recipe a Month-January

I want to try at least one New (to me) recipe each Month. Today I came across a recipe for baked Oatmeal. I think it is supposed to be a breakfast food but It is good any time if you ask me. We ate it for an afternoon snack on this freezing cold day. Also as another bonus the oven warms the apartment up!


Baked Oatmeal
Preheat oven to 350
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups rolled oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
In a medium to large bowl, mix the first three ingredients together, blending well. Add in the remaining for ingredients and blend completely. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until firm. Serve with Warm Milk or a dollop of Yogurt

*I added dried cranberries to mine!
You can add any kind of fruit you want.
I used Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal instead of regular oatmeal


No comments: