Wednesday, September 22, 2010

3 Hour Glucose Results

I had my 3 hour glucose test yesterday to test for Gestational diabetes. I had to fast for 12 hours before going in at 8:00 a.m. When I got there they took my blood. Then I had to drink some glucose drink that taste like very sugary flat pepsi. After that I had to get my blood taken again in 1 hour, then at 2 hours and finally at 3 hours. My results came back today. My fasting level was elevated but the other three were fine. So they said they still have to treat it like Gestational Diabetes because of the fasting level being high. Next Wednesday I have to go meet with a dietitian to get a diet worked out and they will give me a blood sugar monitor. I will have to test my blood first thing in the morning before eating and then 1 hour after each meal. I am not looking forward to that at all. :( I don't understand why this time is high when I never even tested high for the 1 hour test with the girls.   I hope the next 10 weeks will fly by.

Then less then 5 minutes after finding out about the GD my van would not start. We had it towed and hoping it won't cost too much to fix.

Here is a picture of me from today. Very big baby bump at 29 weeks.

No comments: