Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Family Update

Well I have not been blogging much lately. One reason is because I don't think anyone reads it anyway. Another reason is because I have been dealing with Sciatica and been in a lot of pain most of the time. I have been using my ipad mini to get on the internet and I cannot figure out how to use blogger on there so I had to get on my lap top to write this post. With my Sciatica I can barely sit. Laying down on my stomach is the most comfortable position so I even have to eat on the floor while my family is sitting at the table to eat. I am going to physical therapy and have been seeing a chiropractor and even had an awesome massage but still no relief from the pain. My doctor wanted to do an MRI to see what is causing it but insurance said I have to do 4-6 weeks PT before they would pay and they will only pay if the doctor is going to do surgery or steroid injections into my back. I really don't want to have to do either of those but I will if it comes down to that. I know I cannot live like this the rest of my life. I feel like I can't take care of my kids properly and the house is a mess. Anyway enough about me...

Kevin went to the Poconos NASCAR race in June. He had a good time. Next year I think it would be fun if we could take Gabby and Avalynn to the Watkin's Glen race. It is close to home and I think they might enjoy it and I would like to go to a race again but don't want to go too far away while the baby's are still young. My Van broke down last week and my Wonderful Husband was able to fix it. I am so proud of him for changing the Alternator. Cost an arm and leg but would have been more if we had to have a garage install it.

The kids and I went to Maryland and Washington D.C. June 21-23rd with My Mom, Sister shelly and her family. Kevin had to work and was not able to come with us. My mom had to drive the whole way because I was on my pain killers to be able to bear the ride down there. It was uncomfortable but I survived, lol. Angela is staying in MD this summer doing clinicals to finish up her Master's in Occupational Therapy! Really proud of my baby sister! Her boyfriend Craig also lives there. He was a huge help on our trip. He was our tour guide through the City. We rode the Metro train in and that was Nathan's favorite part of the trip. He is really big into trains right now. We went to the Zoo and the kids loved it even though it was close to 90 degrees that day! The we got back onto the train and went to see all the sites. D.C. is really pretty in my Opinion. It was so hot and we got the kids an Ice Cream and Nathan's melted all over him, yuck. Our Hotel was nice. It had two pools and I think that was Gabby's favorite part of the trip. She is  a little fish and loves swimming! We had a great trip and hope we can do it again some time when Kevin is able to go and my Sciatica is gone so I can enjoy it more!

We are trying to enjoy the summer. It has been raining a lot lately but the temp has been pretty nice. I think Kevin would like it cooler but I like the heat as long as it is under 90 I am ok.



No comments: