Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Time

Fall is kind of my least favorite time of the year. I start getting depressed knowing that Winter is coming. I hate being cold, I don't really like snow either. I would be happy if it snowed a week before Christmas and stayed through the New Year and then warmed up to 70. There are some fun things about the fall though. I love the pretty leaves and the kids have fun playing in them. Then there is going to the Pumpkin farm and also carving pumpkins. Fall also makes me want to bake lots of yummy things, not so good for my waist line though! 

When my inlaws were here visiting they bought Gabby, Avalynn and Nathan each a pumpkin. Yesterday when we were at Aldi they had nice sized pumpkins for 1.99 so we bought Kevin, Kendall and me each a pumpkin too. Gabby and Avalynn picked out what they wanted carved on their pumpkins and Kevin did the carving. I am terrified of Bats so wanting to have the scariest pumpkin ever I did bats on mine. It kind of turned out to look like a face though. We had fun and the kids loved squishing the pumpkin guts through their hands and just making a huge mess with it.

Kendall's
Kevin's
Nathan's on Left, Mine on Right
Gabby's
Avalynn's
Here is Kendall, she is getting so big!

 



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love gabbys pumpkin so cool